Thursday, January 5, 2012

OCD for one please!

I'll be honest, I don't think I'm OCD enough because if I were, everything around me would be spotless and clean to perfection.  But there are certain days where I know my OCD is just enough, like today.  My skirt, made of a very thick cotton kept sticking to my tights when I walked.  This caused the skirt to bunch and not lay flat in the front.  I spent most of my day walking to and from the bathroom tugging on the front or side.  At one point I almost ran into people as the mental anguish from the bunching poked away at me!  Will I wear the skirt again?  Most likely, as the nice comments were numerous!

So I figure if I can just move that OCD into other aspects of my life, like discipline (mental and physical) I'd never have to deal with my own shortcomings being the cause of the mental beatings I give myself.  Outside issues wouldn't be a problem because those are things I have no control over.  Not all OCDs are bad, I just need to control the aspects that I can and let the rest just be.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment