Monday, February 13, 2012

Yup, that's a Dryer

You read it here, we have a new dryer. While removing the old dryer, it most likely left a lasting impression by cutting my hand and will ultimately scar or rather scar on multiple fingers. :) One last memory of the leaky dryer that just needed to go! It's been replaced by a terrific new "front loading" Whirlpool that we bought for essentially half-price along with not having to pay for it to be delivered or installed. It's always more gratifying to install, build, or repair things by yourself.

Our first 5k was a winner! Well, not literally, but we finished and we weren't at the end. There were people still running when we left, so it was a good run. I'm glad that Jennifer thought that we should start doing these runs. It shows you that we'll literally do anything for us to get away from the little people and be by ourselves. It's been quite different doing cardio heavy training versus weight training. I spent more than a decade doing intense weightlifting and now while I'm still doing what most consider to be heavy weights, I'm much more focused on the cardio. The results are just as good and I feel physically better, so it definitely works. I don't go for massages anymore to help fix what seems like a weekly disability. :)

Josh, Zach, and Sammy went to grandma and grandpa's house to stay over on Saturday night and that didn't work out too well. Before eight o'clock, they were back with us. Grandpa was having another health issue and she wasn't comfortable with him and if he had a problem that night. He didn't and we were stuck with them, so we still have not had a night alone since December. On top of that, Sammy had a bad night sleep and I was in his room at 5:10 AM calming him down and getting him back to sleep. They can truly tire you out.

As I write this, I'm alternating between working and helping a kid with his math homework. I continue to think that Harvard, Yale, and any ivy league school isn't going to ever happen with the two of them. They also stink. I still hold out hope that the baby is the winner. :)

E

No comments:

Post a Comment